Daren Wilding graduated from Ricks College with an Associate’s Degree in Illustration after which he received his Bachelor’s degree from Idaho State University in 1992. Utah Artist Daren Wilding's paintings are a reflection of his love for nature and especially nature in the west. He spends hours painting and photographing scenes he wants to paint. His research and love of the subject is evident in the accuracy and feeling of each painting. “You have to do the research,” he says, “You get to do the research; it’s part of the fun for me. “
Daren has been marketing his work since 1995. He shows his work in several Northern Utah galleries, Logan Fine Art Gallery, and Montana Trails Gallery in Bozeman Montana. His work is also in many collections throughout the United States, including the St. George Museum of Art and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
He has participated in many art shows throughout the west, including the Park City Arts Festival, Beaver Creek Art Festival and the Jackson Hole Art Festival at Teton Village and has been included in the prestigious Western Masters and Legends West art shows in Great Falls Montana. He has been the Featured Artist at the St George Arts Festival and has been invited to participate in Arts for the National Parks, Paint America, Paint the Parks, Springville Spring Salon, the Dixie Invitational and the Thanksgiving Point Invitational Plein Air Art Show.
Awards and honors include:
● Best in Show Springville Art Festival 2022
● 2nd place Logan Fine Art Gallery, Fall Salon
● 2nd place oil painting St. George Arts Festival
● 3rd place oil painting Dixie Invitational 2020
● Academy Art Show, 2nd place painting 2019
● One man show Eccles Art Center, Ogden Utah 2018.
● One man show Gallery at the Station, Ogden Utah 2011.
● St. George Arts Festival- purchase award, 1st place oil painting and featured artist
● Paint the Parks top 100- 2007, 2008 & 2009 and Mini 50- 2009
● Paint America top 100- 2008 and Mini 50- 2008.
● Arts for the National parks top 100 – 2005 & 2006
● Utah Art Educator of the year 2004
● Wyoming Conservation Stamp honorable mention-
● Outstanding Art Educator for the State of Utah 2004
● Arts for the National parks top 2000 – 2003
Daren lives in Willard, Utah in the shadows of the Wasatch Mountains with his wife Mellonee.